Briars Court is a Victorian house run as a B&B by John & Valerie Heard.
We moved to Gravesend in the 1960’s, have lived at Briars Court for 34 years and used our home as a B&B since 2004. We were awarded 4 star rating with Visit England from 2007 through to Spring 2012, though have now decided to withdraw from the scheme. However, we continue to maintain our facilities to the same standard.
Gravesend, a riverside heritage town with good connections to London, Dover and all of Kent, is within easy reach of some beautiful countryside. The town has historic connections with Princess Pocahontas, Charles Dickens, General Gordon and Dick Turpin and was a popular 19th Century recreational destination for Londoners.
It is just 10/15 minutes drive from the M25 and five minutes from the A2 which runs from London to Dover. London is only 50 minutes by regular train, 23 minutes High Speed to St Pancras or 17 minutes to Stratford.
BlueWater Shopping Centre is 15 minutes by car and the Dartford Crossing is 15/20 minutes away.
Briars Court is situated 10 minutes by foot from both the station and Gravesend town centre where we have a varied selection of shops and stores and many good and reasonably priced restaurants.
- Three bedrooms: one double bedded room and two twin rooms
- Occasionally one single room is also available
- A maximum of 6 persons can be booked per night
- TV and DVD in each room
- Wash hand basin in each room
- Tea and coffee making facilities in each room
- Cot available
- Off road parking for 5/6 vehicles
- Choice of full English or Continental breakfast, prepared to order, served from 7 am with last serving starting at 8.30 am (except by special arrangement)
- Cycle lock up facilities
- Free wireless broadband connection